Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sakae Sushi Madness

Soo.....yesterday I went to Sakae Sushi with Felix and Xav, and while I was enjoying my big bowl of beef udon, they decided towards the end of playing stack the empty plates to be adventurous and try something on a blue plate (which are S$1 or USD $0.75)

So Xavier takes the first bite. He didn't even take a complete bite. He just sort of put it in his mouth and took it out immediately. He says it's gross.

Felix says something like, "Should we put it back?"

But the damage has been done, so Felix and Xavier each put it in their mouths.

Felix puts his hand on the table to stabilize himself and not fall victim to the gag reflex. He turns red trying to finish the unknown type of sushi.

Xavier finishes, but unable to hold back, grabs his ear lobes and flaps them around.

I laugh like crazy.

I ask the first waitress what it is, and she tells me "hard shell," but I think that she says something else and Xav tells me not to be mean. Like I can be mean on purpose! At least, to a stranger.

Then I ask the second waitress, and she tells me that it is SNAIL.

Felix laughs until he turns purple while I am laughing so much at both of them.



To get the taste of SNAIL out of their mouths, they order a RED PLATE (ZOMG...the premium plates.) of cooked scallop (which was delicious) and go get some ice cream from New Zealand Natural Ice Cream (I had English toffee yum yum).

No comments:

ShareThis