Friday, April 3, 2009

It's the 223rd post, 2 days after April Fool's Day

It's sort of crazy, looking back at random posts and thoughts that I went through these past months. And now, I am quite sad to say, that I have begun to make my arrangements to return to the United States (though I am quite keen to see my family again). I will be in transit for about 25 hours until I reach home in mid-April.

Speaking of April Fool's Day, I came across two great articles, one about 2009 pranks and then one about the top ten pranks of all time.

Only one person tried to prank me (well, one and a half because one of my friends is pretending to be a relationship for the duration of the month and I intend to bug him about it) saying that Britney Spears is in Singapore at Orchard MRT Station. Pleeeeeeeeeease. I am very aware that Britney is on tour in the US because I follow PerezHilton everyday. So if you ever want to prank me, think of something infinitely more believable. I was even slightly annoyed that someone would even THINK that I would fall for that. Serious.

A few quotes from the previously mentioned articles:

Scientists aren't exactly friendly toward Alabama's efforts to push intelligent design in schools, but one hit below the belt when he published an article in the April 1998 issue of New Mexicans for Science and Reason suggesting the Alabama legislature was tampering with Pi. The article, penned by physicist Mark Boslough writing under the pseudonym "April Holiday," suggested Alabama was redefining Pi as 3.0 instead of 3.14, to keep it closer to the "biblical value." State legislators were swamped by angry callers beseeching them to leave Pi alone.

Fantastic.

Well, I'm returning to the United States soon enough and can't wait to get back to Fazoli's, Arby's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden, and my room overlooking the backyard.

I can't wait to see all my family and friends again.

I'll still chronicle my time left in Singapore, but I just wanted you to know that this chapter in my life is about to close (with a few strings flailing about with new friends).

No comments:

ShareThis