Monday, February 9, 2009

Cyling Sunday

On Sunday, I went cycling with Charlene at East Coast Park - and it was SO much fun! Weather permitting, I'm going to plan to go out there.

The deal with the bicycles was great! It was $6 for an hour - you buy an hour, and hour free. Awesome!! So it was only S$12 for both of us (US$9).

We went pretty far....from ECP to the Sailing Club. I don't know the distance exactly, but maybea total of 10-14 km. The breeze was so nice, and it was only sunny for a little bit (don't worry, Mom, I put on sunscreen). There were so many almost-accidents because people like to whiz by and expect you to know that they're coming without them ringing the bell. Or there are people not paying attention that walk through bike trails. Or there are kids who are super slow and taking up the opposite direction lanes. Sigh. Or pedestrians who don't know that there is a PARALLEL trail meant for them.

So on our little adventure, we went by a (ROFL) remote control race (yes...there was an intricate speedyway AND a crowd) and some random gardens! The garden was sweet and in bloom. I'll take pictures next time I go cycling. People were windsailing, and tents were up all over the place. It started to sprinkle around 5:15, and since the bikes had to be back by 5:30, we dropped them off and took a break in McDonald's.

We took a cab to Bugis Junction to look at some clothes. 

This is the view from our table at NYDC 
(I had to ask for this seat or else they would have made me look at another restaurant...why do you have to ask? Shouldn't they know to make customers feel special?!)

Then we ate at NYDC and had an oven baked penne pasta with mozarella, sweet corn, and bacon (delicious but I'm glad that we split it!!). 


Then we across the street to the National Library. 

I like to run around here sometimes and pretend I'm on a CIA mission. Hoho!

The lobby of the Singapore National Library.

I got lost in Michael Crichton's The Lost World, and Charlene was running around checking out books. :D I have to finish it, but I feel a bit guilty that I didn't read Jurassic Park first. Oh well! I love his books (except Next) because they are filled with humor! I know my Tinky would enjoy reading them.  

Then I went home and just talked to family. My bum still aches. :(

No comments:

ShareThis