Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weight!

You know, I've never ever been confronted about my weight with anyone in the US. Ever since I can remember, I was always considered thin.

Then I came to Singapore.

And then I found out how chubby I really am.

Then again, most of the girls here would be considered anorexic in the US (not meaning that they all are, because my good friend Sam surely isn't one of them).

People actually tell me to lose weight. People that don't know me well tell me to lose weight!

I'm like.......I've never been confronted with this before.

I will never forget one girl that I saw. She was a waitress at Swensen's, and seriously, I thought she looked like a malnurished African. Her legs were so far apart from each other that it was quite grotesque. 

I acknowledge that I wasn't as thin as I used to be, but:
  1. Why are people who I'm not close to at all comfortable with telling me to lose weight or teasing me about it? The nerve!
  2. It's my body, and I mostly eat healthy food! I ate like 10 lbs of grapes in the last two weeks (they're just really, really juicy and delicious). I've mostly had a diet consisting of chicken, fruit, yogurt, cereal and chocolate milk the last month, and it doesn't seem to help at all. 
I work out almost every day for 20 minutes to get my heart rate up, and yes, when I put my knees together, my thighs touch. [I can't believe there are girls that can touch their knees togethr without the thighs touching. Ridiculous.]

I'm usually a private person, but this needs to be said, for that one American who is thinking of coming to Singapore/Asia to work! 

My BMI is in a healthy range, than you. And I take multivitamins daily! Who cares if they're Flinestones??! :)

All in all, I'm considered chubby, and since I've held this weight for a long time now, I don't know what else to do other than get sick and stop eating. But I don't want to do this! I love food!!

I LOVE FOOD!

No comments:

ShareThis