Monday, February 23, 2009

Internet Explorer 8

Oh look what we have here:

Windows Internet Explorer 8...

So what does Microsoft say?

  • Accelerators
    They provide instant access to information, such as mabs, searches, translation, etc. You can just highlight a word or phrase and go from there.
  • Visual Search
    Adding graphics and images to "enrich" the search. Hm...
  • Web Slices
    Subscriptions to certain portions of websites are now possible!
  • Suggested Sites
    I suppose this is similar to StumbleUpon for Firefox. I'm sure it has a substancial database already that may be better coded than StumbleUpon. 
Other things, according to Microsoft:
  • Improved Performance
  • Improved Search
  • Smart Address Bar (as opposed to a dumb one)
  • New Tab Features
  • Tab Grouping
  • Improved Zoom
  • Find on Page
  • Privacy
  • Compatilibyt View
  • Automatic Crash Recovery
  • SmartScreen Filter
  • Domain Highlighting

I'll update my opinions on the browser tomorrow because I'm on my way home!

No comments:

ShareThis