Thursday, February 12, 2009

My To and From Work

This is my typical day when I'm walking out to the bus stop to get to work!

This is my most favorite mango tree in Singapore (the only one that I've seen) in the center of the picture. Hooray mangoes!


Sidewalk shot. I see that motorcycle parked all the time. There is a big downward slope around the motorcycle, and I call this the valley of the ants. I don't know why, but there are SO many ants around there.

Picture of a typical, residential street lined with cars on one side.

This place went up in less than 9 months. It was done so efficiently!!

Some neighboring flowers

More neighboring flowering trees.

East Shore hospital (getting closer to my bus stop!)

Prawn (Shrimp) Mee (Egg Noodle) Shop on the left side of the picture, East Shore hospital on the right. This is the only intersection that has seen my face too many times. There is a bus stop near the Prawn Mee that takes me to the train station when I need to travel more than my 2 mile radius ["bubble"]. It's next to that little green tent thing.

A 'ghetto' convenience store (mostly selling crackers, chips, and drinks) and an out-of-place bike repair shop.

And now, into the PM

This is a shot of the playground in the plaza (Marine Parade Promenade) next to my office building with a McDonald's to the right.


This is my office building "Parkway Parade" with a few bank signs below it.

This is a shot from the overhead bridge when I'm walking to my bus stop to go home. 
Wee Fast car!

Why are the cars on one side white lights and the other red lights?
Haha, just kidding.

Another shot of the 'mall' part of Parkway Parade (the office side is to the left). This is the entrance and taxi stand of Parkway Parade. Don't worry. Bus 76 isn't mine.


Well, that's just a glimpse into my daily travels in Singapore. Finally, it has become a routine thing. 

Oh yeah, and a big Happy 200th Birthday to Abraham Lincoln! 

No comments:

ShareThis