Friday, February 27, 2009

The "Holy Grail" of Comic Books

  • Rare copy of first Superman comic will be up for online bidding. [Reuters] Collectible experts value it at $126,000. Wow.
  • Saks Fifth Avenue is down $99 million in the fourth quarter [NY Magazine] Bringing the year's losses to a cool $154.9 million. Youch.
  • Asian supermodel Kimora Lee Simmons hits the jackpot: $40K per month for child support (and full custody) [People] What a shamdoozle.
  • Healthier living will cut a third of common cancers [Reuters] I guess this means I'm definately going to get cancer. Cheers. You can pry the cupcakes away from my cold fingers!
  • It's times like these when I know that grant money is being wasted: Four years and two mathematicians later, there is a computer model theory of the symmetry of snowflakes [Reuters] Come on people. Seriously? Two people spent four years of their lives coming up with an explanation to snowflake symmetry? Get a life! And yes, I love snowflakes.
  • Taping magnets to crocodiles brains [Reuters] so that they don't return to their original territory after being relocated.
  • The newest MacBook Pro is gorgeous. Too bad it's $2799. :(
  • Tom Brady marries Gisele. [CNN] I will never get over the fact that he didn't marry his baby's mama. And I never liked Gisele, I'm sorry. Just the same, wishing them happiness together.
  • Ancient footprints found in Kenya [CNN] that are 1.5 million years old (the 3.6 were of Lucy's species)
  • (I love Vietnam Idol.) SO FUNNY 
  • (I love Doutzen Kroes.)

No comments:

ShareThis