Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Amber Restaurant @ Broadway Hotel


This is my second trip to Amber Restaurant. I made a lot of friends the first time, and it was sort of very nice to come back and relive some of those moments. It’s the first time I met Chris, who is totally awesome and has unfortunately moved back to ang moh land (USA). Enough of this!

So first came the papadum, which is typically served in an Indian meal. It is served with a hot green (chili??) sauce. It comes free with the meal, so we kept it flowing to the table. I love the sauce (in moderation, of course).

Jack ordered the tomato soup (bad move). It was a bit too creamy, but being a great lover of food and of a (questionable) creative mind, I decided to dip the papadum in the soup and add some of the spiciness on top. DEELISH!



Onwards! My friend ordered some chicken marsala dish


and I had the mutton that comes semi-dry with onion, garlic and GINGER (GOODNESS ME!!).


Ironically, he liked the mutton better (the marsala sauce was too creamy), and I honestly liked the chicken better (the mutton was too chewy). We also had two orders of garlic naan (well, Jack mainly aided me.

If I didn’t share, only one would suffice.) and some rice (because Jack is so Asian! Haha j/k….eh?). But I got full so quickly after stuffing my already round face (meaning, chipmunk cheeks) with garlic naan that Jack called Wayne for backup to help him finish the food.

And how could I forget the fried cauliflower that is a nice red color? And comes sizzle sizzle?


What meal is complete without some mango? I ordered the mango juice. My other friends joined later, and I was too lazy to write it all down. Sorry. Friday night came after a long day at work. So anyways,

Amber Restaurant is an 8.5/10 in my book. I will definitely come back in about a month’s time. I really enjoy the food, and the service was superb. Everyone has a big smile, and someone is always checking to see how you’re doing. There are even extra “serviettes” (in American, paper napkins) on the table. And I sort of am craving garlic naan again (while I munch on my Goldfish that I bought this morning). The price is quite reasonable as well. I think the total ended up to be about $15 per person (“pax” in Singapore, which I COMPLETELY resent because of my Latin background).

No comments:

ShareThis