Thursday, November 6, 2008

Swensen's Surprise!




Swensen's is a chain in Singapore that you can find almost anywhere. If it's important to you, it is Halal (meaning that the food is prepared so that Muslims may eat it as well). It is more known for ice cream though.

For a $24.60 bill, I got a pretty nice lunch. One should always be skeptical of ordering steaks in Singapore, but my Ribeye steak was not that bad!! ($20.99 + GST + 10% service charge). I give it an 8 out of 10!!

I asked for rare because usually with thinner cuts of beef you end up getting medium rare, but I was so wrong! The steak was thicker than I thought it would be, and even if the waiter disagreed with me - it was more raw than it was rare. So of course I went for the medium rare. The girl was like RARE? LIKE R-A-R-E? Ok fine fine she didn't spell it out verbally; she spelled it out in the air (which is totally worse). I hope the glare I gave her made her feel like she was retarded while I said "Rare" louder.

I wasn't sure if I should eat the carrot garnish (but I took a snip at 2 strands...for the sake of being sneaky).

The second picture is to show you that:
1. I ate all the green stuff (except the garnish)
2. I didn't eat the fat that I wrestled off (gross)
3. I'm awesome.


I usually go for ice cream afterwards because before they had a promotion called the "Executive Lunch" when you just paid for the main course and got a soft drink, soup of the day and "designer ice cream" for free. ^.^ Sadly, they got rid of that promotion, despite the fact that the poster still remains.

I will definitely order this again when I go to Swensen's at Parkway Parade. I'm not really crazy about any of their other main courses, to be honest, but their ice cream is always a stop when I am with my (2nd [fake]) husband.

No comments:

ShareThis