Monday, November 3, 2008

Hard Time at the Hard Rock Cafe Singapore


Then we walked from Dhoby Ghaut all the way down to the end of Orchard to kadoodle in the Hard Rock Cafe Singapore. No, I didn't buy the merchandise (though I did comment about the successful merchandising that Hard Rock Cafe has done) like a good tourist. La la la! But I was very curious about the Singapore Chili Crab Dip with Chinese buns which I thought would be pao, but they were actually fried [bread] buns.

Things started to go downhill when we tried to order. I was a bit fierce, I admit, but she already made me a bit frustrated when she didn't understand when I asked for a strawberry smoothie (they didn't have it), then I asked for raspberry, and she said [impatiently] we don't have strawberry. So then I stared at her and asked for RASPBERRY. So then she runs off like a good mouse and comes back to tell me that they don't have raspberry either. So then I look down at the stupid drinks menu (honestly, the selection is sort of terrible once they list all the things they might have offered at one time but you came too late and cannot have it nanananana) and ordered a coke without ice. And please, she didn't even understand me when I said JUICE. HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE WORD JUICE? JUICE!???????????? Does it SOUND LIKE ANYTHING ELSE? OK, I am not that angry, it's more along the lines of incredulocity.

The drinks come. And then dip: it was ok but a bit too salty by the end of finishing it.

There was a lot more chili than there was crab (naturally), though you could definitely see the crab meat. The thing that sort of made me upset was that you only get 6 tiny Chinese buns. Which is RIDICULOUS because there is so much dip. So then we asked for tortilla chips (meaning, I asked for them and then she said tor-til-la?). Yeah. It's not pronounced tor-til-la. It's pronounced tor-ti-ya. But who can attempt Spanish in Singapore? Few. Very VERY few. Then I slapped my head a few times.

OH yeah. So then she comes back and says that we can only have three pieces. THREE PIECES of tortilla. Shoot ME IN THE FACE! CHIPS, LADY, CHIPS!!!!!!! NOT TORTILLAS. Gosh I am so anal about Spanish pronunciation but seriously. Tortilla chips. "Oh, ok let me ask my Manager because usually you cannot get side orders without an order for an entree. It's procedure." And I was like so how do you think we are going to eat this dip? I respect that there are procedures, but come on lady. This is called COMMON SENSE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gr.

I was fierce.

The crab dip is not worth S$10.50, but I suppose that you pay a bit for the atmosphere (Avril Lavigne & Rihanna concerts playing on all the screens...). My dad can make a better crab dip.

I will not return to Hard Rock Cafe for a while until I forgive/forget all this madness(/frustration).

No comments:

ShareThis