Monday, November 3, 2008

Yet Con (Chicken Rice) at Purvis St. Singapore


Yes, I went for lunch with my colleagues tooooooooooooooooooooooo "Yet Con", which is located on Purvis St. It's quite a hole in the wall sort of place. It is totally old school, man! I love the old man who is so cute! I wanted to take a picture of me with him, but I thought better of it because 1. I am new at blogging and 2. I'm not sure if he speaks English... ^.^

So anyways, as you see, we had chicken rice (the RICE is very unique, and honestly I could take it by itself...I suspect chicken broth had a very auspicious role), roast pork with sweet black sauce, and mixed vegetables (+ some meats like pork & shrimp).

The chicken was a bit dry today (the first time was better), but it IS breast meat, so, I couldn't have too high expectations I suppose. The cucumbers always complement the taste of the chicken. I know that you're not supposed to eat the [fattening] skin, but I couldn't help myself....SO DELICIOUS SLURP SLURP.
The roast pork was delicious!! The black sauce is nice and sticky. Munch Munch!
The mixed vegetables.....had onions.....mushrooms....delicious sauce......and baby corn. does anything more need to be said? NO! But of course there was shrimp, pork, other unmentionable green things, carrots and need I mention the delicious sauce again? The presentation was nice and colorful, but I wish that they had served it with some mi (it's like mi xao mem). Sorry...uh soft lo mein? (crunch!)

The meal came out to about $41 for 3 people (which amounts to about $14 pp. By the way, in Singapore you don't see pp = per person but instead it's pax. Why would they use the Latin word for peace instead? To this day I fail to understand.

Photos will be uploaded later. Patience, young grasshopper.

No comments:

ShareThis