Sunday, November 2, 2008

Secret Recipe

Yes, Jack & I went to (a) Mayalsia(n) (restaurant) while in VivoCity.

I recently read an article about the owner of the Malaysian chain (that is present in HK, Singapore, and Indonesia....I think). He first started experimenting with his grandmother's recipes for kueh (which is sort like jello but flour-based) [by the way, I am constantly made fun of for the way I pronounce flour. People here pronounce it "flor".]

So I decided to stop by and try it out.

Drinks first; Jack got some fruity yoghurt thing (I laughed inside) whereas I was awesome and got Orange/Tangerine Esprit:


I ordered Chicken Cordon Bleu with Mashed Potatoes (instead of the french fries) and an Orange/Tangerine Esprit (just a soda with a light addition of flavo(u)r).

The mashed potatoes were terrible. They were so dry on the outside that when I scooped a small portion, some of the dried outer-part of the entire side of the mound came with it. The chicken was juicy, but to be honest I'm not quite a fan of Chicken Ham (substitute for ham because Muslims cannot eat (or "take") pork). I gave Jack the last part of "ham". The cheese was some sort of reprocessed "swiss" (questionable) cheese.

Jack had Mexican Chicken (SUPER SUPER NICE AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!)


The dessert, however, was quite nice. Chocolate indulgence (with authentic, imported Belgium chocolate) is about 8.5/10 for me. It does beg a glass of milk though, but I was sort of hesitant to ask.

I might have stolen the first bite.

No comments:

ShareThis