Tuesday, November 4, 2008

PS. Cafe at Palais Renaissance Singapore

We had a very warm welcome into PS. Cafe, and I think the staff is very hospitable. One of the best places for hospitality, if you ask me. It's on the second floor of the Palais Renaissance Hotel on Orchard Rd between the Thai Embassy and Orchard Towers.


PS. Cafe actually has three locations, one at Palais Renaissance, Paragon, and Dempsey.

The food was so nice! I wanted something super light, so I ordered the Crab Claw Cake. It was so nice (and definitely an appetizer). I even had a kick of bunny-ness and eat some of the GREENS! What a good girl. But the crab was delicious! And the best part was the aesthetic value of being stuffed into a claw and baked. I wanted something light so that I could try some cake! :) Because I worked hard earlier, I wanted to reward myself with cake.


I have a weakness for crab (and strawberries). Do you understand why now?

Seng had some ribs - St. Louis Ribs. They were really good! The vegetables on the side he said were excellent and very innovative. I just thought they looked like...vegetables. :) And the little cream puff you see in the back is actually a baked potato.



I also ordered the Chocolate Crunch Doorstop Cake.

It's super chocolaty and a tad too sweet for my tastes, but I think that a majority of chocolate lovers will like this cake a lot. There is a lot that goes into it, and you can eat it as a slice or you can each section individually and still enjoy the cake. The ice cream disappears quickly though :(. I wish it came with two scoops! And yes, those are (Whoppers) malt balls on top! $15.90 is a bit overpriced, but from what I understand, it is the MOST popular of the chocolate cakes there.

The table we were at had a lovely view, and the open air concept was lovely. I will definitely come back to this cute PS. Cafe. Next time though, I think I'll order the crab cake x 2. Because I'm like that. And maybe munch on a few more greens. And the lemon pie. Woohoo!

No comments:

ShareThis