Monday, November 10, 2008

The French Stall on Serangoon Road

The French Stall
544 Serangoon Road
Singapore 218166

Le Chef Xavier Le Henaff est tres gentil, et I really enjoyed the concept of a French cafe-esque feeling while being smack dab of Singapore. The big boss himself came to the table to tell us that there was only ONE tuna left, we missed the last bit of "Grilled Marinated Pork Loin with Braised Cabbage & Mustard Seed Sauce ($16.80 - darn!!)", and that they only had one Beef Bourguignon Xavier Style with French Beans & Carrots ($18.80).


My friend ordered the Beef Bourguignon (which was simply delicious...) while I had the "Pan-Seared Baby Tuna on Sundried Tomatoes Scented Mashed Potatoes & Orange VInaigrette ($18.80). The "Museels with choice of Mariniere or Aioli Sauce" were also gone as well. We went around 9:30 PM. What a shame!!

It was quite a lovely surprise hearing the French accent :). I miss it a tad.

We ordered some "HomeMade Garlic Bread" ($4.20) [sorry, missing piece because we both love garlic bread...],


HomeMade Smoked Salmon with Walnut Dressing ($12.80)


and two orders of the very excellent "Pan Fried Foie Gras, Spinach and Sweet Xeres Jus" ($22.80).



For dessert I ordered the "Giant Profiterole with Vanilla Ice-Cream topped with Hot Chocolate Sauce" ("Profiterole Geante a la Glace Vanille Sauce au Chocolat Chaud) ($7.20), which looks quite nice, but to be honest, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.


The ice cream was a bit lacking in flavour and the profiterole itself was not nice. Next time, I will definitely try something else like....Special Dark Chocolate Cake...Honey Cheesecake....HomeMade Tiramisu...Guanaja Chocolate Souffle...YUM!

I didn't get to see the bill though...sorries!

Lovely place; I will definitely return.

------------ (cheating) -------------
A few days later I went back to try to Tiramisu (with my "husband"), which was absolutely superb. It cost around $8-$9. SUPERB. The cheese and the lady fingers soaked in COFFEE LIQUOR WAS SO GOOD. Definitely the best I've had in Singapore, though I've been ridiculed because I am so quick to make that assertion. I KNOW WHAT IS GOOD TIRAMISU!!! Rawr!

No comments:

ShareThis